What are the eligibility requirements for the program?
- Pre-major or enrolled in a healthcare, medical office, or finance program at a participating college
- Live in the city of Minneapolis or Saint Paul
- In good academic standing at a participating college (you will need a faculty to submit a recommendation on your behalf)
- Ability to clear background check
- Completion of any employer documentation or testing required for employment.
once I have completed my application, what can i expect?
- C3 Fellows staff will review your application and contact you via email and/or phone
- Upon acceptance, meet with C3 staff to identify relevant jobs and assist in preparing job application documents (resume, cover letter, etc.)
- Apply and interview for positions at participating employers
- Upon hiring, attend employer orientation and begin fellowship
Where COuld i end up working?
- Long-term care facilities
- Specialty clinics
- Doctors' offices
- Dentists' offices
- Financial institutions
More potential employers can be found at: www.onthegreenline.com/businesses
How much will I make?
On average, Fellows earn $14.44 per hour. Positions vary in wage, but we can ensure that you will make at least minimum wage while gaining valuable experience.
What are some Program Benefits?
- An opportunity to build meaningful work experience and gain an inroad at a local organization prior to graduation.
- A chance to have a paid, part-time job during the school year with the option of working full-time during the summer. Wages are determined by the employer.
- Events with your mentor and online discussions to help you build your skills and professional network.
- Assistance with résumé-building, applying for jobs and interview preparation.
- No end date. You can continue to stay in your job as long as you remain a student in good academic standing and the employer wants you to continue.
- Free continuing education and additional training opportunities for Fellows.
How do I know if I am qualified for the program?
The curriculum offered at participating colleges is developed with feedback from healthcare and financial employers to ensure that students are studying material that is relevant to the workplace. Many of our instructors have been employed in healthcare and financial fields, which give them insights into what they teach and the ability to provide practical applications of coursework for students.
Do other fellows like the program?
Yes! Check out our News page to see some of them.
What is the average age of other fellows?
28 years old.
Do many students of color participate?
Yes, over 50% of C3 Fellows are students of color.
Are there any events that I can attend?
ON-CAMPUS OFFICE HOURS
Come chat with employers in 15 minute intervals. Topics range from career exploration and resume/cover letter assistance to job application statuses and interviewing assistance. It is a fantastic way to connect with employers and get real career advice. Office hours can be seen on our events page.
JOB APPLICATION HELP SESSIONS
Get assistance with resumes and job applications during this two-hour help session. Please bring electronic copies of your documents and a few of the positions you are interested in. Employers will give you advice and may even have information on open positions you may apply for! See our events page for upcoming sessions.
JOB & CAREER FAIRS
Come meet potential employers in a laid-back atmosphere. Bring plenty of copies of your resume to pass to employers. See our calendar for all of our events!
We conduct monthly tours of healthcare facilities in the Twin Cities. We can bring a group of students to tour employer facilities and meet staff. It is a great way for you to see how your program and individual experiences fit into the healthcare and financial sectors. It also allows you a chance to ask questions of industry professionals.